In these terms and conditions;
- “Agreement” refers to the agreement between you and us, comprising the Order and these terms and conditions;
- “BER” means beyond economic repair as defined in clause 1;
- “Beyond Economic Repair”;
- “Order” means your order for services;
- “Services” means the services to be supplied by us to you;
- “We” or “us” refers to the Green Deal Factory Limited trading as Clever Energy Boilers;
- “you” refers to you, the customer.
2. Basis of Contract
- An Agreement will come into existence when we have given notice to you that we have accepted your Order.
- The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or No variation shall be effective unless it is agreed in writing and signed by us.
3. Product cover
- We shall provide the services to you, as set out on the Order.
- Your cover will commence on the date shown on your agreement for a period of twelve months from that date and will be renewed in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Agreement remains in full force and effect unless and until terminated by either us or you in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In the case of the first year’s cover no claim can be made in the first 28 days of cover from the date shown on the agreement.
We will give you not less than 28 days’ notice prior to the renewal date of any changes to your Agreement or prices for the next period of the agreement. Unless you tell us that you do not want to renew prior to the renewal date, we will automatically renew the Agreement for another fixed period of a year.
5. First service/initial inspection prior to contract
- Where applicable within 28 days of the commencement of the Agreement we will inspect the installation / boiler to ensure that it is in safe working order and that it has been installed to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If the boiler/system passes the initial inspection, we will take your system/boiler on cover. In the case that rectification work is required we will either:
- Inform you of what rectification work is required, and what the cost will be to have the work undertaken, or
- offer you the same agreement but exclude the part/parts that require attention.
6. Annual Service
We will notify you in writing or by telephone that your system is due for its annual service. It is your responsibility to respond to the letter and contact us to arrange an appointment.
- You should contact us if an incident occurs at your property for which you have cover with us and we will make an appointment with one of our engineers.
- There is no limit to the amount we will pay per claim or to the amount of claims for which you are covered, providing your boiler is not BER.
8. Parts and components
- New parts will only be fitted when the existing part is beyond repair. If we cannot fit the same part we may fit alternative parts that are adequate and of the same quality but are not exactly the same.
- If spare parts are not available or will take longer than 28 days to source, we will not be able to complete your In this event we can no longer offer you central heating breakdown cover and will make a contribution of £200 towards the cost of a new boiler purchased from us. You will be transferred to a similar policy without cover for central heating included. Your premium will be adjusted accordingly and a proportionate refund (calculated daily) in respect of the difference between the premium for your old policy and the premium for your new policy will be given with respect to any annual or quarterly payments that have been made in advance. If your premium is paid monthly, you will not receive any refund and the new premium shall take effect from your next monthly payment. If a similar policy without central heating is not available, your policy will be cancelled in accordance with clause 23 “Cancellation and Termination”.
9. Boiler replacement for Clever Care 15, 45, 65, 75 and 85
If you are one of our Clever Care 15, Clever Care 45, Clever Care 65, Clever Care 75 or Clever Care 85 policies:
- We will provide you with a new replacement boiler if your boiler is BER and it was installed less than 7 years ago;
- We will replace your boiler if it is between 7 and 10 years old and cannot be repaired, as long as it was installed by us and as long as you have had a continuous agreement with us for the life of the boiler.
10. Beyond Economic Repair
If the total cost of parts (including VAT) required to repair the boiler exceeds 55% of the manufacturer’s current retail price (or if this is not available, this average current retail price available through leading UK suppliers) for a boiler of the same or similar make and model to your boiler or the then current version of your boiler, it will be deemed to be beyond economic repair (“BER”).