At Clever Energy Boiler we take your privacy and protection very seriously and in line with the new data GDPR guidelines of May 2018. This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe. We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
Explaining the legal bases we rely on. The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example when we need to send out quotes and order acknowledgements.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the partnership to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
When do we collect your Data?
- When you complete and submit an enquiry form on any of our websites.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
What sort of Data do we hold?
We hold names, email addresses and telephone numbers of individuals.
How we protect your Data?
- We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
How we use your Data
- To process any orders that you place.
- To respond to your queries, handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
How long will we keep your data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Who do we share your data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
What are your rights regarding your data? An overview of your different rights; You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information or for your information to be amended, contact our customer services team, please email email@example.com
- If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
If you require further information about your rights in regards to your data, then you can contact the Information Commissions Office – regarding data protection and GDPR.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, you can contact our Data Protection Officer – Jon Broadbent at any time – who will be pleased to help you:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to; Data Protection Officer, Clever Energy Boilers, Office 5C, Aire Valley Business Centre, Lawkholme Lane, Keighley West Yorkshire, BD21 3BB.
This notice was last updated on 8/12/2019.
Why do I need a survey?
To enable us to ensure you are getting everything you need, and the chosen boiler suits your needs we need to check a couple of things, so there are no surprises on the day of installation. We can do this by either a home visit by one of our trained sales surveyors or we can provide a virtual video survey or via images supplied by yourself.
Are Clever Energy Boilers installers trained and Gas Safe registered?
Yes. All of our installers are professional, experienced central heating engineers with Gas Safe certification.
Will I get boiler cover from CEB?
All our Boilers come with a CEB warranty of up to 12yrs. You do not need to do anything to activate your guarantee – we will register your boiler as part of our installation service.
Your boiler will need an annual service from CEB to validate your warranty and for covering your wider heating system, you can take out one of our Clever Care plans,( link to the care packages on website ) which are available after you purchase your boiler.
Will boiler installation make a mess?
No. Our engineers will make sure that surfaces are protected and the area they're working on is always clean and tidy.
Do I need to do anything before my boiler installer arrives?
Yes, Before your installer arrives, clear away any clutter around the boiler – especially valuables and things that break easily – and make sure the boiler is easy to access.
Will CEB do a PowerFlush?
No. After years of experience, we've found that using a Powerflush machine on an older system simply causes more problems.
- A new Programable thermostat
- Disconnect and remove boiler, cylinder and/or tanks where applicable
- Amend existing pipework to suit new boiler
- Flush system in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction
- Commission boiler and complete benchmark documentation
- Commission electrical work as required
- Complete sign off documentation
- Magnetic Filter and Chemical Inhibitor
- New flue and any brickwork required